Monday, January 15, 2007

SS, DD, Redux

I don't know why I do this. I know it's just going to make me nuts. And, as usual, our President didn't disappoint me. In his 60 Minutes interview with Scott Pelley last night, Dubbya managed to make quite a few idiot pronouncements that made me want to throw things at the screen. Such as:

...the reason I brought up the mistakes is, one, that's the job of the commander-in-chief, and, two, I don't want people blaming our military.

Here's a news flash, President AWOL: NO ONE is blaming the military. NO ONE. It's all you, baby. So don't act like we should fall all over ourselves with gratitude because you've finally admitted you screwed the pooch on this one after being cornered like a rat in a trap on that issue. The guy that only confesses after being shown the videotape of him committing the crime gets no breaks.

Well, if the people want a scapegoat, they got one right here in me 'cause it's my decisions [sic].

English is a wonderful language, Mr. President. You ought to learn it sometime. A "scapegoat" is someone who takes the blame for others' mistakes. A "scapegoat" hasn't done anything wrong. You have.

We've got people criticizing this plan before it's had a chance to work. And I, therefore, think they have an extra responsibility to show us a plan that will work. In other words, they're saying, "We're not even gonna fund this thing." And they're not gonna give it a chance.

SCOTT PELLEY: There's no Democrat plan.

BUSH: It doesn't look like it to me. And maybe there will be one.

Do de name John Murtha strike a familiar note? Joe Biden? How about the words "Iraq Study Group"?

This bleating about "NO PLAAAAAAN! The Democrats have NO PLAAAAAAN!" makes me nuts, especially when the so-called liberal media buys into it. Why have I got to be the one to ask the follow up question you should have, Scott? Why do you just let that bullshit go by you without comment?

Everybody was wrong on weapons of mass destruction. I would ask people to go back and look at the comments of many of the Democrat leadership prior to my arrival in Washington, DC, people who'd looked at the same intelligence I looked at. I'd look at the people's comments when the run-up to the war. They had looked at the same intelligence I had looked at.

No, they looked at the cherry-picked intel you and your henchmen wanted them to see, not the intel you had that cast doubt on your conclusions, the intel that said, for example, that the Iraqi informant code-named "Curveball" was an unreliable source and may very well have just been plain nuts.

PELLEY: Final question. How can you escalate the war when so many people in this country seem to be against it?

BUSH: I'm gonna have to keep explaining. That's why I'm doing this interview with you...Scott, sometimes you're the commander-in-chief, sometimes you're the educator-in-chief, and a lot of times you're both when it comes to war.

Translation: The American people are just too ignint to understand how great this plan is. I have to edumicate them so they won't be so stupid.

Here's an idea: quit repeating the same old often-refuted lies. Maybe that'll help us poor ignorant citizens to understand better.

In the words of one of my favorite T-shirts: Will somebody PLEASE give this idiot a blowjob so we can impeach him?

6 comments:

Bill Cameron said...

The Preznit makes me think really bad thoughts. Dark, dangerous thoughts. Thoughts which make me believe that--should I speak them aloud--would give me an opportunity to see what a Syrian prison camp looks like this time of year.

Phoebe Fay said...

I tried to watch the 60 minutes interview online this morning, but it was making me want to smash in the screen, and I can't really afford a new monitor right now.

I've been asking myself that same question - how can he keep saying there are no other plans? The conclusion I've come to is that if The Iraq Study Group had included a comic book artist and presented the report in pictures instead of all those boring words, we might have heard a very different speech last week.

David Terrenoire said...

I'm going to buy copies of McGovern's book, Out of Iraq, and every time I hear some asshat say the Democrats have no plan I'm going to haul out the hardback and smack 'em upside the head with it.

You may not know of the plan, or have read the plan, or you might even think the plan is wrong, but it's A FUCKING PLAN.

Jesus, this makes me crazy.

Dale said...

Dusty

I was down at Quick Trip this morning and saw one of the local crack whores( yes, I live in one of those neighborhoods) Squirrelly Shirley is what the locals call her. She was getting a double duce for her and her boyfriend Little Tony, so they could get the morning started. I put your blowjob idea to her, and she told me to tell you that she and her friends have standards and there are some things even they won’t do.

So I guess we're stuck with him for 2 more years

Dale

Bill Crider said...

Hey, Dusty. I hope you have a good supply of blood pressure medication. Two years is a long time.

Stephen Blackmoore said...

Oh! I get it now.

He's not the Decider, anymore. He's the Explainer.

This is sounding more and more like Lucha Libre. All we need is The Impeacher in the other corner and we're al set.