Tuesday, August 22, 2006

BREAKING COVER

That's the title of my fourth book, to be published by St. Martin's Minotaur. We recently completed negotiations on the deal. It's a stand-alone, and I'm really excited about it.

Don't get me wrong, I love writing the Jack Keller books (and for you Keller fans, remember the third in the series, SAFE AND SOUND, comes out next July). But BREAKING COVER seems to be the book that wants to be written right now. It's got atmosphere, paranoia, chases, gunfights, romance, beautiful women, surprises, rescues, betrayals, strippers, bikers, gangsters, the FBI, good cops, bad cops, and people being killed in interesting ways. Oh, and stuff blows up. That's the first hundred pages or so.

I'm really psyched to be working with Ben Sevier of St. Martin's as my editor again, and I'm having a lot of fun writing BREAKING COVER.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Dusty!

And thanks for the kind words over at the Rap Sheet. When Anthony said I didn't have to worry about my author photo, I was brooding darkly that he meant that there was no hope for me whatsoever.

But then I remembered that Anthony is too gallant to say such a thing.

JD Rhoades said...

:-). Anytime, darlin'...and thank you.

Sandra Scoppettone said...

Congratulations, Dusty.
Are you sure you're having FUN writing this book?

JD Rhoades said...

Sandra: beautiful women and stuff blows up? oh, yeah, I'm having fun...

Chris Everheart said...

You're kicking ass, man. Congrats. Can't wait to read it and can't wait to see your ass-kicking panel at B-con.

Anonymous said...

A huge congratas from me!!!

Stacey Cochran said...

Breaking Cover is an excellent title.

Stephen Blackmoore said...

This is great news. Looking forward to reading it.

Anonymous said...

Congrats, dude:)

Anonymous said...

You go, guy!

Anonymous said...

Dusty, this is fantastic!!!! HUGE CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That's wonderful, Dusty, I'm so pleased for you :-D I love new stuff yto toast...no absinthe, please...