Thursday, September 21, 2006

Quote of the Day

"I have monkeys in my pants."

LOS ANGELES (Court TV) - When the rare birds of paradise escaped from his suitcase and flew over the heads of U.S. Customs Agents at Los Angeles International Airport, Robert Cusack decided it was best to confess that, yes, he did have more to declare.

"I have monkeys in my pants," Cusack told the agents.

Cusack, 49, had just gotten off a plane from Thailand and was immediately taken into custody.

Two endangered slow loris pygmy monkeys were rescued from Cusack's underwear.

For attempting to smuggle four birds of paradise, two lorises and 50 rare orchids into the United States on June 13, 2002, Cusack served five and a half months in prison and paid $1,200 in fines.

I'm not sure I even want to know where the orchids were hidden.

4 comments:

David Terrenoire said...

"I have monkeys in my pants" was my standard pick-up line throughout the seventies.

Worked surprisingly well, too.

Patrick Shawn Bagley said...

"We've got armadillos in our trousers."
--Nigel Tufnel in THIS IS SPINAL TAP

John Rickards said...

I have monkeys in my pants right now.

Insert your own banana-related innuendo here.

MysterLynch said...

I feel for the poor monkeys.