Thursday, January 25, 2007

They Have Rehab For That?

Grey's' Anatomy Star is in treatment :
Normally, I couldn't care less about what goes on on the set of Grey's Anatomy, I show I don't watch and probably never will. The recent kerfluffle over Isaiah Washington calling T.R. Knight a "faggot" barely registered on my radar. Or maybe the problem is he used the word "faggot" in denying he ever called Knight a faggot. I'm really not sure, because, as I said, I really haven't cared about a pissing match between two overpaid hack TV actors.

But now something has happened that just redlined my bullshit meter. According to the Associated Press, Washington is "in therapy for his use of an anti-gay slur against a castmate." He released this statement:

"'With the support of my family and friends, I have begun counseling. I regard this as a necessary step toward understanding why I did what I did and making sure it never happens again,' Washington said in a statement Wednesday. 'I appreciate the fact that I have been given this opportunity and I remain committed to transforming my negative actions into positive results, personally and professionally
.

Hey, Isaiah? I have your test results back. They say you're not sick, you're just an asshole. You don't need therapy, you just need to stop acting like an asshole. Hope this helps. You'll get my bill in the mail.

6 comments:

Tasha Alexander said...

Dusty, you do realize you're doing a public service here, right? Make sure you bill him accordingly. : )

Cornelia Read said...

Can you open a clinic, Dusty? Because the world would really really really be a better place if you did.

JD Rhoades said...

Actually, Cornelia, I was thinking of writing a self help book. Working title: "I'm Okay, You're a Fucking Idiot."

Whaddya think?

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of the classic Calvin and Hobbes strip where Calvin wanted to cash in on the "self-help" craze and wtite an all-purpose book for every personality affliction called "Go Soak Your Head, You Big Baby." Trouble was, as Hobbes points out, that'd be such a definitive solution that there'd be no hope for a sequel.

Cornelia Read said...

I think you have to write it, for the title alone. And just imagine the possibilities for cover art!

Speaking over covers, your new one is gorgeous!

Patrick Shawn Bagley said...

It's kinda like Denis Leary's version of therapy:

"Doctor, I..."

"Shut the fuck up! Next!"