Monday, February 18, 2008

I'm Really Liking Obama's Chances...

If this is the best the right wing noise machine can do.

To summarize: A guy named Bill Ayers used to be a member of the Weather Underground. He claims to have participated in a bombing of the Pentagon in the 70's.

And this is a "problem for Barack Obama" how?

Because, according to wacko blogger John Ruberry, a member of the "Pajamas Media" loony bin, Ayers and Obama once lived in the same neighborhood and served on the board of the same Chicago charitable foundation. And, oh, horror! Ayers gave Obama a $200 campaign contribution in 2001, before he was even running for President.

That's it. That's all he's got.

News flash, Johnny-boy: that ain't squat and any sane person could see that. Which, I suppose, is why you can't.

Boy, right-wing smears aren't what they used to be, are they? They can't even do THAT right anymore.

5 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

I wish I shared your optimism. People strongly in the Obama camp two weeks ago are beginning to fall for the "he's not so experienced" line. Of course, I always fear the worst. Not that Hillary is the worst, just has the poorer chance of beating McCain.

Anonymous said...

What an ideot.

Which, ironically, there's a refreshing lack of this year running for president.

(I don't count Huckabee. He just wants to be McCain's little red state buddy. Or Stephen Colbert's permanent guest host.)

JD Rhoades said...

Patti: lack of experience is Obama's Achilles heel. But I always tell people who bring it up: "look where the 'experienced' people have gotten us."

Anonymous said...

I figure somebody's just going to start making stuff up. Y'know? Why let facts get in the way?

Bill G.

Anonymous said...

Hey, it's off-topic, but I came upon this site at htt://obamawill.com and it's wonderful and funny. And...my wife, a Clinton supporter, read it and said it's the first thing she's seen that inclines her towards Obama. Go figure.