Thursday, December 18, 2008

Who Said It?

Think Progress:
The top priorities for the Senator who will raise his right hand on January 20, 2009, and say “I do solemnly swear” are obvious: keeping America safe and growing the economy.

Less obvious is how to create a White House where forceful debate can take place. Plain speaking, straight talk, and dissent must be encouraged, with participants thoroughly prepared, ideas offered with deference for opposing views, and colleagues not subjected to self-serving leaks. The power of the Oval Office can cower critics and silence disagreement; the Chief Executive must labor hard to make it a place of debate and vigorous debate.

I guarantee you won't believe who this quote is from.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I'm scared. Not only do I believe it, I actually guessed right.

pattinase (abbott) said...

George Bush?

Anonymous said...

I got it right too, but you forgot to mention that the s.o.b. was speaking with his forked tongue.

Word verification: brove -- must be karma.

Anonymous said...

OK, going off topic. The word verification this time is brisma: a completely unnecessary ritual.

Toni McGee Causey said...

I feel like I should pack, since the world is clearly ending. Wow.

Fran said...

Karl Rove? The king of obfuscation? What a bit of lunacy. "Plain speaking, straight talk and dissent"? I thought those were considered to be treasonable actions!

LongHairedWeirdo said...

Well, two things to keep in mind.

1) He didn't say that was proper behavior for all time, merely that it was proper for when his enemy was in power.

2) you don't think he's, in any way, concerned with truth, honesty, or real (as opposed to faked) sincerity, do you? He's very good at creating a message that he thinks people want to hear.