Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I'm Almost Afraid To Ask

As you may have noticed, when I re-enabled comment moderation, I also turned off the annoying word verification feature. Word verification is used to make sure that there's a human commenting and not some robot spam-posting program. I figured that, if I was going to be approving comments anyway, I'd just discard the spam manually and save y'all the trouble of trying to decipher the wavy letters and such.

Well, that's exposed me to some of the spam that's out there, and let me tell you, the Internet has gotten stranger than even I imagined. One site whose 'bots keep trying to sneak a link into my comment stream is apparently one that features videos of women giving birth. I haven't dared click through because frankly, seeing that twice (three times if you count the video in Lamaze class) is enough for one lifetime, thank you.

But WTF? Is this, like a fetish or something? If so, may i just say EEEEEUUUUUUUW!

7 comments:

Carrie said...

ewww indeed! it's amazing what sort of spam is out there...people are freaking nuts!!

Jim Hetley said...

For the sake of whatever Gods there be, rid yourself of that abomination! We'll figure out captchas in penance.

(I went through the process twice, like you, and found it . . . educational. But no need for another lesson.)

Gerard Saylor said...

One of the delivery room doctors asked me, "Would you like to see his head?" He thought he was funny.

David Terrenoire said...

Every time some conservajerk spouts off about gay sex being an abomination and unnatural, I remind myself of the immense mystery that is human sexuality. There's some kinky shit that lives between our ears and some of it, like this, make gay sex seem so vanilla.

Mark said...

Years ago carnivals would show films of a woman giving birth because it allowed them to show a naked woman but dodge the legal system because it was billed as educational. Maybe this is a throw-back or maybe some old perverts got hooked on the experience.

JD Rhoades said...

Mark, that's really, really disturbing.

Kevin R. Tipple said...

Yes, it is a fetish thing. And, among some, quite popular. It is also available in stories and novels aimed at that sort of thing. Once you say you review books and have a bit of a repuation, it is simply amazing and sometimes disturbing what some authors will send you in an attempt to get you to review their work.

And thank you for ditching the "catchas" or word verifcation stuff. I hate the damn things with a passion. I believe Dante has a special place reserved for the people who created the damn things.