Monday, April 13, 2015

My Pledge to the 2016 Bouchercon Attendees

Dear Bouchercon attendees: if my book DEVILS AND DUST is not nominated for an Anthony for this year: 

I promise that I will not pitch a self-pitying hissy fit like those right wing mooks trying to game the Hugo awards.

 I will not stamp my little feet and claim that I am the victim of discrimination and PC oppression because I am a straight white cisgendered male.

 I will not put together a slate of similarly disappointed writers and call it "Mournful Mongrels" or "Despondent Doggies" or any such silliness as that.

 I will certainly not try to ally myself with those ‪#‎gamergate‬ assholes or Adam Baldwin. 

'Cause Dusty don't roll like that. 

But, you know, a nomination would be pretty cool. Just sayin'.

No comments: