Tuesday, January 09, 2007

SS, DD




(Same Shit, Different Day)

TIME's Joe Klein has begun his own blog, and what does he start off with? The same old tired right-wing talking point about how "leftists want us to fail in Iraq." The arrogant, unoriginal little gasbag "poses a challenge" to us:

Can you honestly say the following: Even though I disagree with this escalation, I am hoping that General Petraeus succeeds in calming down Baghdad.

Dear arrogant, unoriginal little gasbag: Yes, I hope that General Petraeus succeeds in calming down Baghdad. Happy now?

Now that I've responded to you, maybe you'd do me the courtesy of responding to me: do you have any useful insights, like how pouring more lives into that meatgrinder is supposed to help? Or have Dick Cheney and Tony Snow not e-mailed you that talking point yet?

And while you're at it, care to back this claim up by naming the 'leftists' who want us to fail? Other than the scary voices in your head, that is.

Again, I hope that General Petraeus succeeds in calming down Baghdad. But "hope" is not a plan.

Jesus, Mary and Joseph, in what toy store did Time find this sock puppet?

(click the cartoon for a clearer picture)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the cartoon....

The idiocy of those apologists never ceases to amaze me. Feh.