Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Rep. John Fleming: Poor Little Rich Boy

Multi-Millionaire Rep. Says He Can’t Afford A Tax Hike Because He Only Has $400K A Year After Feeding Family | ThinkProgress: 

"After being asked about the $6 million profit of his businesses last year, he responded that, "the amount that I have to reinvest in my business and feed my family is more like $600,000 of that $6.3 million, and so by the time I feed my family I have, maybe, $400,000 left over to invest in new locations, upgrade my locations, buy more equipment..." 

Let me just say this about that:



Class Warfare? It's on, bitches. It is ON. 

3 comments:

Celine said...

Allow me to point out something here: money that you invest into your business (aka "capital improvements") is a deductible expense against your income come tax time. He's hoping most of us are too stupid to understand that.

JD Rhoades said...

Hoping their followers are stupid or that they at least have amnesia is the Republican strategy. The depressing thing is that it works.

Susan said...

Don't forget, the average IQ is 100