Saturday, March 03, 2007

Liberal Media, My Ass

From Max Blumenthal of The Nation: Just returned from CPAC, where I caught Ann Coulter call John Edwards a 'faggot' (Crooks and Liars has video). The crowd roared their approval, of course. Then Coulter endorsed Mitt Romney. Another gem from Coultergeist: Discussing black Republicans, she declared, 'Our blacks are better than their blacks.'"

Michael Moore, Rosie O'Donnell, or, for chrissakes, Harry Belafonte say something inflammatory about Dubbya, and suddenly every so-called "journalist" is there, brows furrowed in faux concern, sticking microphones in the face of Democrats and demanding they comment on it. So when are we going to see journalists doing this to Mitt Romney?

*sound of crickets chirping*

UPDATE I:

I posted this query on the Romney campaign blog:

Governor Romney, At CPAC, columnist Ann Coulter referred to a Democratic presidential candidate as a "faggot" and said "our blacks are better than their [the Democrats] blacks."

Since Democrats are routinely asked to comment on inflammatory statements by celebrities who support Democrats, I was wondering if you'd care to comment on Ms. Coulter's remarks?

I know it's the "unofficial" blog, but it's the only site that supports comments. We'll see what happens.

UPDATE II:

I found a contact e-mail, policy@mittromney.com, on Romney's site and sent the same query there. I invite interested Hellions to do the same. Politely, of course.

No comments: