Tuesday, July 22, 2008

TODAY'S THE DAY!

Dear Hellions:

Our long wait is over. After a seemingly endless night of anticipation, the rosy-fingered dawn breaks over a landscape forever changed, and nothing will ever be the same.

Yes, my dear and true friends, BREAKING COVER, the fourth J.D. Rhoades novel, goes on sale today.

I know your joy to be as great as mine.

But, dear friends, let our rejoicing be mixed with a solemn resolve. For there is much work still to be done. We must all pitch in to accomplish the task before us: to spread the word, far and wide, that your Supreme Exalted President for Life has delivered a "gripping stand-alone thriller (Publisher's Weekly)" and that "a breath-taking pace, paired with a sure sense of character and place, makes this book another winner. (Laura Lippman)". I mean, C'mon, who's gonna argue with Laura Lippman? Not me, you betcha.

Let the word go forth from this time and place that the torch has been passed to a new generation of J.D. Rhoades novels, but that if you want to pick up the earlier ones too, that's cool.

We shall sell them in the independent bookstores, we shall sell them in the big box stores, we shall sell them in the Costcos and Wal-Marts and online. We shall never surrender. And if we don't see the book in any of those places, we shall grab the nearest bookseller by the lapels and demand to know why not. Politely, of course.

I know you won't let me down. Because I have faith in you.

Damn it, I promised myself I wouldn't cry....

2 comments:

Pat Kight said...

Now you just need to persuade your publisher to make it available in an Amazon Kindle edition for those of us whose aging eyesight can no longer deal with paper books. )-:

JD Rhoades said...

good news! They're working on that...