Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Thanks, Gerald So!

Gerald So, Fiction Editor for The Thrilling Detective Web Site, and moderator of the discussion lists DetecToday, Spenser's Sneakers, and CrimeSeen, reviews The Devil's Right Hand on his blog.

The good review is especially gratifying because Gerald, bless his heart, doesn't sugarcoat the fact that he doesn't normally care for "multiple-viewpoint, rapid-cutting suspense thrillers." DRH, if you've read it, has a lot of multiple viewpoints and rapid cutting, 'cause that's how I roll.

The fact that Gerald still liked it must mean I'm doing something else right.

Thank you, Gerald.

1 comment:

Gerald So said...

You're welcome, Dusty. I have nothing against getting into other characters' heads in principle. It's the rapid switching that can become choppy.

As I said in the review, it comes down to the prose, which can either make viewpoint switches seem too rapid or put me in the viewpoint I want, when I want to be there. The Devil's Right Hand was largely a case of the latter.

I'll be in line for Good Day in Hell. Regards to Katy Munger.