Sunday, May 13, 2007

One for Legendary Bluesman David Terrenoire

CLARKSDALE, MS–Ida Mae Dobbs, longtime woman of Willie "Skipbone" Jackson, called a press conference Tuesday to respond to charges levied against her by the legendary Delta blues singer.

"Despite what Mr. Jackson would have you believe, I am not an evil-hearted woman who will not let him be," Dobbs told reporters. "I repeat: I am not an evil-hearted woman who will not let him be. To the contrary, my lovin' is so sweet, it tastes just like the apple off the tree."

***

Dobbs, a short-dress, big-legged woman from Coahoma County, said it is not she but Jackson who should be forced to defend himself. According to Dobbs, Jackson frequently has devilment on his mind, staying up until all hours of the night rolling dice and drinking smokestack lightning.

"Six nights out of seven, he goes off and gets his swerve on while I sit at home by myself. Then he comes knocking on my door at 4 a.m., expecting me to rock him until his back no longer has any bone," Dobbs said. "Is that any way for a man to treat his woman? I don't want to, but if he keeps doing me wrong like this, I am going to take my lovin' and give it to another man."

Added Dobbs: "Skipbone Jackson is going to be the death of me."

2 comments:

David Terrenoire said...

I know that woman. I once asked her for water and she gave me gasoline, and when I wanted a little whiskey, she brought me kerosene.

Rumor has it that this woman's heart done grown so cold that she wants you to kill me just so's you'll have it on your mind.

She's evil, Dusty, evil as a woman can be. Don't believe a word she says.

JD Rhoades said...

I heard you bought her a brand new Ford, and she said "I want a Cadillac!"

You bought her a ten course dinner
She said "Thanks for the snack!"

You let you live in your penthouse
She said it was just a shack.

You gave her seven children,
and now she wanna give 'em back.

Is this true?