Sunday, August 03, 2008

Right Back Atcha, Kristy!

My buddy Kristy Kiernan has a new blog out, and being the lovely and gracious person that she is, one of her first posts is an appreciation of BREAKING COVER.

So permit me to return the favor.

Kristy's new book MATTERS OF FAITH hits the stores on Tuesday (although some early sitings have been reported). Get it. get two and give one to a friend. It's that good, and I'm not just saying that because Kristy's a friend.

It's about faith, it's about redemption and forgiveness, it's about the deep wounds family can inflict and the healing they can find. It brought tears to my eyes at the end, and that's happened maybe three times in the 40 plus years I've been reading. Kristy Kiernan writes with grace and empathy, and I cannot recommend this book enough.

2 comments:

Kristy Kiernan said...

Aww, thanks, Dusty! (I always did like making boys cry.)

JD Rhoades said...

I'm not gonna ask..