Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Wingnuts Unhinged Yet Again (UPDATED)

First, let me just say that the new Hillary Clinton campaign video is a parody of the last scene of The Sopranos. And it's pretty lame. Even worse, the point of the video is to announce that Hillary (and no doubt the usual gang of Beltway consultants) has selected her campaign anthem--and it's a song by Celine Dion. Oy. If you actually NEEDED another reason not to vote for Ms. Republican Lite this primary season, there you go.

But one thing I do like about Hillary is her ability to drive right wingers completely over the edge into babbling dementia. Take this blog entry from Wisconsin Law Professor Ann Althouse: Bill says 'No onion rings?' and Hillary responds 'I'm looking out for ya.' Now, the script says onion rings, because that's what the Sopranos were eating in that final scene, but I doubt if any blogger will disagree with my assertion that, coming from Bill Clinton, the 'O' of an onion ring is a vagina symbol. Hillary says no to that, driving the symbolism home. She's 'looking out' all right, vigilant over her husband, denying him the sustenance he craves."

Dear God, the woman is utterly demented.

For the record, this blogger DOES disagree that the onion ring is a vagina symbol. If your lady parts are brown with a flaky crust, you need to see a doctor, stat.

UPDATE: Gotta love this from Althouse's followup post:

I'm saying outright: Come on, everybody, into the vortex. And in they hop. It's an anti-Althousiana fest. I love it!

Translation: I'm not a nutcase, I'm an attention whore! I say stupid stuff so you'll bash me and I can play the martyr! And you've all fallen for it! HAHAHAHAHAAAAA!

The lady sure does know how to bring the crazy.


2 comments:

David Terrenoire said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again, right wingers are freaks.

They think about sex a WHOLE lot more than regular people and when they get caught with their pants down, it's with some gay hooker or a transgendered juggler or an underage goat. I mean, sweet Jesus, what is it with these family values Republicans?

And the only people who obsess more over gay sex are gay men, and that's A LOT.

The onion ring is a vaginal symbol? Somebody needs her meds adjusted.

Phoebe Fay said...

The onion ring as vaginal symbol?!?!

My GOD! With that much sex on the brain, how does this woman make it through the day? It's bad enough when the right wingers can't even manage to fix a sink without announcing that plumbing fixtures are proof of why gay sex is wrong. Now these guys can't even enjoy greasy food at a diner.